Sunday, June 28, 2009

....just because!

Well normally, I tend to blog about Addie Claire - but this time I figured that I would blog about just "life" in general! Don't worry, I am sure this will end up coming back to that sweet ACP somehow!
Sometimes we all take life for granted. I have come to realize this.... One day on Oprah...I know, I know....there was someone on there speaking and they said that if everyday you begin the day saying "thank you" for what you have in your life you will become more aware of your everyday blessings....so I thought, heck...I'll give it a try! The truth is whether that worked or not, we have so much to be thankful for....family, friends, health...the list goes on and on!!!
Just recently we have become good friends with our neighbors that we have lived beside for 4 years!!! You are probably thinking....after 4 years....you people are crazy! Well, if you have ever been to our house you know that the neighbors that live right beside us have bushes on both sides of their house(that we HATE!!!!) that must be a least 7-8 feet tall!!! Did I mention that we hate them???? Well, beyond those bushes on the other side are our new great friends....The Brumleys! We love some Paige and Brandon! I know that things happen for a reason and that God leads people in and out of our lives....and this "union" of friendship could not have come at a better time! It is so crazy that Paige and I have not been friends before this point....we have random circle connections that have taken us back...to high school! Yes, and I mean High School! We (Don, Paige, and I) all went to J.A. Fair - never knew it.....we know some of the same people.....I worked with her cousin.....I have kept her cousins....and somehow we lived right beside these bushes and never knew each other!!! So fast forward now and you will see us together almost everday....Brandon and Don sitting on the couch with the sounds of their little fingers going ninety to nothing on the PS3 or playing basketball in the blazing heat!.....Paige and I running at night together (Yes people I said running!!!) with the occassional sound of a water bottle or two being thrown....working on their new nursery - they are embarking on a very rewarding adventure in their lives, they are becoming foster parents! What two better people for this could anyone ask for? These two are excited beyond words...please keep them in your prayers!.....or planning neighborhood events!!! Addie Claire.....(see I told you it would come back to her!)...is in love with them. She watches Brandon all the time....but is still not quite sure of him.....she loves playing with Mrs. Paige, Har-Dog, and of course all the picture frames that they have in their home! Don, Addie Claire, and I are so thankful that this family has come into our lives. They have brightened it with love, laughter, and wonderful friendship (plus did I mention that Paige is a baker sent from heaven....note why we must run!) We are so glad that one day we stepped beyond the bushes....and met! So.....Thank you for the blessings that you give us each and every day...we never know when one more blessing may just be beyond the bushes!!!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

How exciting to finally meet your neighbors! We are blessed with great neighbors too!

Paige said...

You love us because we like to gound 'n pound! We have been so blessed to have you guys as neighbors. We love the crazy times spent together and the just normal hang out times as well. I'm so glad we went beyond the bushes!!!