Sunday, December 7, 2008

~Catching Up~

Well, Don & I have been busier than ever! We used to complain before we had Addison Claire that we were always bored....not now! Our lives are a constant go~! A lot has taken place since I have blogged last...I have promised myself that I will try to blog 1 time a week.

Away for the Weekend

We went on our first trip away from home to see Aunt Tiffany and Uncle Tim. Addison did so good on the car ride up & even better on the way home!! We had a very eventful day - we got up Saturday and where out of the house at 9:00 to SHOP! SHOP! SHOP! Uncle Tim and Don ventured out with Aunt Tiffany, Addie Claire and I! Poor Uncle Tim, I'm not sure he knew what he was in for! It turned out that it was the coldest day Fayetteville had so far this year and of course, we chose that day to shop our hearts out! Addie was ( g-o-o-d!) as we spelled because we were scared that if we said it, she may overhear and try to prove us wrong! She was AWESOME though! The only times she got fussy was when she got hungry - and of course the "Baby Bumblebee" song always cheers her up! Uncle Tim now hates that song....but in a pinch I am sure he would sing it! :) All day shopping, Addie got tons for Christmas and Don got lots.....but poor me....I came home with nothing! (wouldn't have it any other way though~)
So, below is a picture that Don took on the way to Fayettevile....we planned to take more... but it was to darn cold!
UGGS
Santa visited Addie Claire early this year and got her a pair of UGGS! Well, of course I had to let her wear them early...because it's cold (wink wink) and they are just too darn cute!!! Thanks Santa for being so understanding!!!:)
Thanksgiving

Addison celebrated her first Thanksgiving this year!! She seemed to like it! Don and I have decided that she loves to be out and about! (Who does that sound like?) She was very G-O-O-D, as Aunt Tiffany and I like to say! Wednesday night we went to the annual Pilkington Bon-Fire at Unlce Bob and Aunt Mary Lou's house! All the family was there....and it was great to see them all. The Pilkingtons have had a lot of babies born lately and still one more on the way...so the kids were the center of attention. Addie fell in love with her cousin Ethan! He entertained her by making funny noises and falling down pretending that Addie shot him! It was precious to see those two play! Below is a photo of Addie with all of her cousins.


From left to right: Cousin Garrett with Cousin Ella, Cousin Lilly, & Cousin Ethan with Addie Ethan and Addie Claire

On Thursday morning, Addie helped me cook my famous Banana Pudding & Hashbrown Casserole! That was really fun! I know that she didn't know what she was really doing (except chewing on the vanilla wafer package) but it meant so much to me. I just can't wait for the many more Thanksgivings to come!! At noon we went to the Pilkingtons (Don's parents) and had lunch! It was yummy!!! And of course, we ate WAY TO MUCH! Most people would have been done by then, but we are Pilkingtons!!! We were not done! After that, we went to my mom's and ate a late lunch! Again, it was yummy! Don and I were both stuffed but we found room to eat that wonderful food - because my mom made my favorites! Aunt Tiffany and Uncle Tim were down so they got to see Addie Claire and believe it or not....Addie and Uncle Tim did some bonding! :) At my mom's, my cousins and their kids were in.....and Addie LOVES Kids!!! My cousin has a baby that is one day younger than Addie Claire, and they loved each other!!!! We tried to teach Addie how to eat like Cassie....because she still will not eat off of a spoon!!! It was a wonderful visit with all....and we are truly "thankful" for the wonderful people we have in our lives!


The Pilkingtons


Addison with her Paw Paw (before Lunch)


Don feeding Addie ~ She was exhausted at this point!!!!

Decorating for Christmas

I have been dying to decorate our house for Christmas, but have been holding out until the day after Thanksgiving because I wanted to stay with traditon! Especially, with Addie here now...I am all about tradition (even though it gets on Don's nerves! ) We went ahead and put the lights on the house (I will post pictures later) when it was a little warmer and I went ahead and did a little decorating like the entry way table, arrangements for the entertainment center,etc.... but I had to wait to put the tree up! So, the day after Thanksgiving arrived and I was so excited! We were in our Christmas jammies (pajamas) and I found an awesome station on the TV that played Christmas music....and away we went! Luckily, Addison took a nap while Don and I assembled the tree and she woke up just in time to put the first decorations on....She had a lot of fun (with the paper) while I unwrapped the decorations! The tree turned out great! Most of all, I love to watch her little face look at those lights!

~The FINISHED Product!~


The Benton Square
Aunt Tiffany and Uncle Tim came over Saturday night to take our Christmas Card pictures! (pretty hard to do with a baby!~Aunt Tiffany practically had to stand on her head~) After that, we took a Christmas Light tour in Saline County. We stopped at the Courthouse Square to check out what they had! Don says it isn't as much as last year, but it was very nice!

Here are some pictures:



Addison's BIG Day

Addison was baptized on Sunday, November 30, 2008! Mass was at 8:30 so Don and I woke up extra early to "wear" Addie out! We fed her, we played with her all in hopes that she would sleep through mass! Well, guess what!!! She didn't! She was really G-O-O-D though! The service was wonderful, and I felt very overwhelmed with emotion (I guess this is the mom thing in me now!) knowing that Don & I brought this wonderful child into the world and we were making our promise to raise her in God's name. It was a wonderful experience! Addie looked precious! She just kept smiling up at Father John when he would speak to her and when he poured the water over her head...she just smiled up at him with the most perfect little grin. Who couldn't love that face? All in all, it was a perfect day....Don's mom and dad were there, along with Godparents Uncle Tim and Aunt Tiffany,and my mom!


Addison's Great-Aunt Cherrynell gave this to her before she was born! What a special day for her to wear it!

The 1st family picture

Don, Jessica, Paw Paw with Addie, Grandma, Tim, and Tiffany

No comments: