Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Addie's New Ears!

Addie Claire on the morning of her procedure. 2.3.09
Well, today was the big day - the day that we have been waiting for, for a long time!!! Addie's TUBE Day! I am happy to say that she is the proud owner of a brand new set of tubes! This morning we left the house at about 6:15am and headed to Little Rock to have the procedure done. To my surprise my little Angel Baby was wonderful!!! I was so worried about her not having anything to eat or drink after midnight - but after THREE jars of food, yes I said THREE, and a 6 oz. bottle at 11:30pm she was set. She woke up in a good mood and played with mommy and daddy! She did get a little fussy in the car....but since I am such a great singer....LOL....I got her calm. She loves the song...."There was a girl, who liked to play and Addie was her nameo!" Go figure! Anyways, we got there and there were like 20 babies waiting for tubes too! At that very moment I realized that I had gone into the WRONG profession!! Since our little Virginia Abbott(see previous blogs) is so nosey, she was not even thinking about a bottle, she was worried about what every other baby in the room was doing. Finally about 7:20am we got called to the back, where Addie got to sit in a little hospital bed in my lap. :( Cute but sad at the same time! The nurses were all over her...and she ate that up! Finally, they took her back....and I did better than I thought I would. Honestly, it only took about 5 minutes and it was all done. At first, I saw the nurse that took her back come out and I had this horrible thought that something was wrong.....but NO, they were done. Don and I went back, bottle in hand, and I could hear my precious Angel Baby crying from outside.....of course, I was on a mission to get my baby girl. I went straight in and got her....and shoved that bottle in her mouth. Poor baby was starving! The Dr. was talking, but if someone gave me a million dollars to repeat what he said, I couldn't because I was too concerned about her....that's what daddy's are for! :) Finally, she realized what was going on and was really upset....screaming and fighting.....and of course....I couldn't do anything to calm her down. Apparently this is normal and you just have to let them fight the drugs off! :( So, I lost it....crying just as much as she was...and poor Don, he didn't know who to console! After about three minutes, little Virginia heard another baby cry and was all about trying to figure out where they were! We were in recovery for about 5 - 10 minutes and we got to go home! She feel asleep on the way and slept for about 30 minutes when we got home. Daddy went to work and Mommy got to spend the day with the precious baby! She ate a little more when she got up and played for just a little bit and was ready to snuggle with Mommy....she took about a two hour nap with mommy....which was nice!!! :) This afternoon, she was pretty much herself, complete Mama's girl, which I know one day will change so I should enjoy it while I can....but her little ears are bothering her a little, but again they say that is normal!

So, all is all we had a great day! Glad it is over with and hopefully she will feel better~!
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and emails from everyone!
Jessica, Don, and Addie Claire

No comments: