Sunday, November 9, 2008

Family brings out the best in you....


This weekend, my aunts (Addie's great-Aunts)and cousins came to visit her. It was the 1st time that they had seen her. She was excellent! We got to visit for a couple of hours which was some much-needed catch up time. They live far away in the great town of Bearden and we don't get to see them much. We had a wonderful time....it was like old times. We laughed, talked, and best of all spent quality time together! We shared stories that, of course we have heard a # of times but the best thing about that is they get better with time. We also heard some new ones that crack me up. You really never know how much you miss something until its gone....and I walked away yesterday missing my family. One thing that really got me yesterday was when we talked about going to the fair together every year with the whole "Abbott" clan. Boy, those were the days. We started talking about when we all got in a recording booth and recorded songs....we dug them up and started listening to them. It was great. You could hear my dad in the background just a singing.....wow....to hear his voice again was wonderful, yet terribly emotional as well. I am glad that I could have shared that with everyone....Don and I are going to try to get to Bearden or see them in Little Rock at least once every 2 months! I have missed out on lots of memories and now it's time to catch up!




1 comment:

icanseehimthere said...

We had so much fun yesterday spending time with you guys. We talked about how beautiful Addison was all the way home! It had been far too long between visits. We will set up a time to get together around Thanksgiving. I am so proud of the woman you have become! Chase and I love you so much. Hope to see you soon. Alli